Wednesday 14 December 2011

Wednesday 14th December 2011

WELL !!!!!

So Round 3 has now officially finished and the finale is all over..... hmmmm.... on reflection I definitely could have done better. I set poor goals and didn't really be the best role model I could be. BUT, I am still happy that I maintained my physique which was my actual goal. I guess it depends on my mood whether I'm happy that I retained my bod or sad that I didn't really push my limits. In saying that I did push hard in my workouts but I could have done far far far better with food.... I wasn't serious enough, and after being inspired by other amazing people that also did Lean & Strong I have my drive back.... It's like a switch has flicked and as soon as I got back to Darwin it was all "game on" again for me.... well I do have some fixer upping to do from behaving like a teenager in Sydney.... Oh boy did I eat my way through Sydney.... I just wanted to taste test everything !!!! so I did !!! Definitely feeling it though... I was bloated for days and days and today after being back for 2 days I'm just starting to feel myself again.... and the tummy is flattening out again.... but I did enjoy my over indulgence.... I'm enjoying eating like an adult again much more though :).

Well there isn't much more to say about Round 3 for me.... except I feel like a hypocrite.... Mish recently asked the question about people talking the talk, but not walking the walk..... Well I trained like a demon, but I was always posting I ate this, or drank that etc etc.... I'm a little disappointed in myself to be honest, that is just not who I am at all. I am such a firm believer of action not talk..... I'm not sure what happened but now I can see what I did was just a poor version of me I've stopped the talk and started to be the over achieving healthy eating, training like a demon person I naturally am..... I'm back to being the role model I was when I finished Round 2 and tell you what !! It feels good...... SO watch out for me in Round 1 2012..... I'm going to whoop some booty !!!! LOL.....

Oh and I commit that I will be a better blogger :) I've been slack at blogging this Round just as much as I've not been the best role model in the nutrition department.....

So you'll hear from me at least once a week !! Lucky you !!! :)

This week lets talk Christmas..... yes yes yes !!! Now do you just throw your arms up and say the saying that I hear all the time "Oh I'll just have it, after all it is Christmas"...... Why does Christmas become an excuse to eat like a kid and not train.... Just 2 little words seem to stand in the way of healthy choices "It's Christmas"..... Very interesting.... Don't you think?.... Do you plan to stay healthy this Christmas ??? Well I'll share some tips with you.....

1. Keep "Christmas food to Christmas". Yep put down the fruit mince pies, cake, candy canes, chocolates, pudding, custard and anything else you know damn well you don't eat normally. Save it for Christmas and have a special day with treats.

2. If you can't train, add in incidental exercise - play with the kids, maybe every toilet break you lunge to the toilet :) or do squats while brushing your teeth. It all adds up and even though these may seem insignificant you're still lapping anyone else sitting on the couch.

3. Don't extend Christmas.... It's easy to lose the habits of a healthy lifestyle, don't forget how far you've come !!! It's just too easy to have just Boxing Day off... oh the gyms closed.... Oh just one more day.... I can imagine some excuses now, I've had a busy year and deserve a break, it's family time etc etc... Try not to get in the trap...

Well peeps, that is all for today. I'll update my stat spreadsheets and get something together for next week :)

XX

2 comments:

  1. That's exactly how I felt after this round ... could have done so much better BUT am determined to improve next round.

    Cheers

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait....did you write that blog or did I?!!!!!! So many similarities babe!!! I didn't go as hard as I could have (mostly due to injury, but then a funk) but maintained my weight which at the end of the day I was happy with. And I wasn't the support I really should have been for all my Perth Crew lovelies, and as for blogging...worst blog round EVER. I'm back on track with ALLLLL of it now though and in to Round 1 2012! BRING IT!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete