Thursday 23 August 2012

Thursday 23rd August 2012 - I'm back !!!!

Well I’m back !!!! :)
 
And committed to a complete Round of 12wbt this year.
 
Since my last post (can you even remember that?…….) I’ve been up and down and up and down. I was still signing up for rounds of the program to only get the plans so I could continue with the training and nutrition, but slowly and surely my social life and old habits snuck in again. It’s mainly been since a June trip to Bali that I really threw in the towel and was only halfhearted about my health and fitness.
 
So here I am, signing up properly, doing all my tasks and actually COMMITTING to this round, and you lovely readers have the joy of coming with me on my journey. To be honest, I’m excited. Unlike previous rounds (since Christmas) where I just thought “I’ll just continue on blah blah blah” but actually going through my pre-season tasks properly this time and reading other posts on FB and facebook with new starters and others re-committing like I am has really put me in the right frame of mind and ignited my “gonna do it” fire.
 
Hmmmm frame of mind….. Lets explore :)
 
Why did I let what I had go ??? Really ???
 
I think there are many reasons, being lazy, non committal, not planning meals/exercise, not prioritizing, making excuses etc etc are all partners in crime, but I think there are 2 main areas (or problems) where I could have dealt with better.
 
1)       I stopped doing this for me. I won a round, then felt obligated to maintain what I had and be the forever perfect role model and lets face it, perfection is a dream, and just being happy with yourself is a far better reality. So that’s the first hurdle getting over the pressure I put on myself (why do we always seem to be our worst enemies ???). Continuing to be the healthy and fit “angel” whom would NEVER eat blah blah or miss training…. So so very unhealthy and not maintainable. Makes life a little less fun. I mean this was supposed to be my lifestyle, not my life. Body for Life not Life for Body !!!!!
 
And on that note, my other main frame of mind (or bent out of frame mind set) that cushioned me into my old ways
 
2)       I felt that I could always fix anything I did to myself….. so I gained 5kg…..pffffffttt whatever !!! I can lose that easy !!!! Just follow the healthy life rules….. Seriously say that to yourself a few times and see how easy it is to allow old habits back in until they become your new addictions again…. Roller coaster here we come…. Mouse on a wheel….Getting no where…. I actually think that mentality started sneaking in on Round 3 last year as when I look at the patterns of weight loss on my graph it’s a wiggly line instead of a nice even line with a few bumps here and there…..
 
But no more :) and I’m feeling pretty confident about it too.. I’m finally mentally there to take things serious again, to overcome these ridiculous habits. It’s going to be hard and I may actually not succeed to the extreme level that I’ve set myself, but it’s ok, I’m moving in the right direction again with my hands firmly on the steering wheel. One moment at a time….breathe in, breathe out :)
 
Well let’s get to the most basic detail now huh…. As of today…. Drum roll…..
 
Weight = 65.6kg (goal weight 60kg)
 
Which actually means I’ve lost a total of 1.6kg since I actually decided to take my life back and get back behind the steering wheel (last weigh in was Saturday 18th August 2012)….. Quite amazing when you clean up your nutrition and although I’m not flogging it at the gym at the moment I’m hitting the good ole treadmill in the morning before work (Oh how 5am starts will start to lose their sparkle……. What am I saying they never had sparkle, but they are better than the 4.30am starts)…..
 
I will update other measurements and fitness test results when they are done later this week. Oh how I hate the 1km time trial (just don’t have a good clean 1km running spot….have to work on that)…. Wonder if I can do a beep test instead….. hmmmm….
 
Oh one more thing I need to add here…… MY COMMITMENT!!!!!! here’s looking at you kids….
 
“I commit to this program and to a permanent healthy and fit lifestyle. I commit to learn and explore areas that I try to overlook more thoroughly so that this is not a round to round phase but a new lifestyle in general. I commit to eat from Michelle’s nutrition plans and train as Mish has asked. I commit to recognising my red flag days and events and being an adult about them instead of making them week long affairs. I commit to watch the weekly videos and tips and be more informed on my journey. I commit to update my blog, weights, measurements and fitness test results and commit to not surrender to my excuses. I commit to not sabotage myself and to do this for me and no one else. I commit to being a great person on not so great days and commit to never giving up.

This is my word and I am a woman of my word”
 
How can I say this…… shit just got real :)
 
Bring it
 
Happy health everyone, till next time XX

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that I'd been cloned! lol ... yep, can relate to this so much it's not funny. Back on track for me too, let's smash this Kerri!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, I have ur pic from last yr on my inspiration board!! Anyway, Wow... Is like listening to myself... (though I never won a round!!) I too have signed up for this new round and same as you for the first time in months am genuinely excited! Not the made up kind like last round, but the.real....lets friggin do this kind! Only a couple of kgs to lose but it was the old habits that have crept in.that I want to ditch. Had been to easy to say.."I'm basically where I.want to be, I can eat/ drink whatever I want!" but it makes me feel crap, so it stops now!! Time to get my blog up and running... Measurements tomorrow, fitness test Sat!! Look forward to sharing this journey with you! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog, I'm also guilty of throwing in the towel a bit but more on the food side, I've always trained but maybe not to the best I could.

    In Feb 2011 when I first joined 12wbt, I was around 59kgs and felt great, I'm not back starting L&S for the first time in round 3 starting at 64kgs (after a round off and many failed rounds where I joined but really didn't do well).

    I must say your measurements almost mirror mine and my magic number is also 60kgs but really just to get rid of the wobble and yucky back fat etc would be a blessing. I even bought a dress for finale which doesn't fit me for my inspiration to do well and hope to wear it proudly.

    All the best with this round Kerrie.

    Michelle :-) x

    ReplyDelete