Thursday 30 August 2012

Thursday 30th August 2012 - Week 1 - Kick Off !!!



Well weigh in day went well, 65.8kg, so a nice loss of 800gm in 2 days. Whoever says you won’t lose weight doing strength training is crazy !!!!! Actually (side track coming) when I did a bio-test at the gym the owner (who is a regular competitor in figure championships and has a body people would beat themselves with a stick for) said that for my body type, that I would lose weight with cardio, but it would all be from the waist up. That I would lose weight more evenly doing weights. Looking back over time, she’s absolutely right !!! I remember before starting 12wbt (way back when) I was ALWAYS a pear shape…. No matter how much running, cycling, classes blah blah blah I did. Yet after Lean & Strong I was pretty much straight up and down and happily lean……. Food for thought….. And also I feel pretty lucky to have such awesome people at my gym :) lol…..and they are rather inspiring to look at too !!!!
 
SO ANYWAY – only another 5.8kg to go to goal weight :)
 
Now I guess I should put something in for “food for thought”….. hmmmm  how about being “kick off” week I rant about my personal favourite of “change”……
 
It’s hard…….. really hard, and over time I’ve had a few people that I know start some form of exercise/nutrition program with that bubble of excitement and then within that horrific test period of the first 4 weeks quit…. and sometimes the excuses are simple (well when you are looking in from the outside they can be :))…. Things like “I can’t fit it in my schedule, I don’t like to eat XXX, I don’t like missing my favourite TV program”. There’s many and I know I’ve used some. My favourite for me is that “I’m tired”…..staple excuse that one :) anyway….
 
I THINK….. that’s right, remember all theser antings are my thoughts only…..
 
You need to consciously sit down and make a decision to change
 
To change your lifestyle, to change your habits, to accept that whatever you are doing now just can’t be right or you wouldn’t be out there looking for a program in the first place. I know a few rare people that have just done a program to just do something and not have any real goals in mind, but a near 100% of people I know want to change their body (predominately lose weight) and that is the reason they are doing some form of program.
 
Change does not come easy. It takes true, whole hearted,self acceptance, that to reach the goals you’ve set yourself that you may have to stop something you’re use to doing, start something you may not want to do and try new things.... scary huh ! !!!
 
Accept, change and achieve….. :)
 
Personally - I hate getting up in what most people class as the middle of the night to squeeze in some training before work, but I accept that to make this butt a booty, it just has to happen….. After 10+ hours at work, hauling heavy ass weights around does not always excite me….. I’d rather go home, have wine and cookies and watch Judge Judy roast people…..not going to get too lean or strong there….. And MOST times when I’m mentally bitching to myself that I don’t want to be doing blah blah, I remind myself that I accepted that I need to change my lifestyle to reach mygoals. No one forced me, it was all my choice so get moving…..
 
Accept, change and achieve…. :)
 
You are not alone :)
 
Hope that nourishes a few minds out there…….and that is all for today’s “mindful moment”.

Next week I'll try and remember to focus on breaking some fitness myths :)
 
Stay healthy
 
XXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment