Wednesday 13 July 2011

Wednesday 13th July 2011 (Week 8, Day 52, Milestone Week)

Well it’s that time again… geez it comes around quickly. Not only is it weigh in day again, but it’s measurement day and on Saturday I’ll be redoing my fitness test (if not sooner)..
Unfortunately I lost another 800gm, which is probably attributed to the stomach bug I’ve had for the last 2 days. Due to this I’ve also missed 2 days of training which I’m sad about and hope it doesn’t throw me into a spin and I get lazy…. I felt well enough all day to train, but so many crummy excuses kept trying to bubble up like “I’m tired, I need a rest, I don’t want to get sick again….etc etc”….. Just excuses…. Not going to reach goals sitting on the couch watching Judge Judy !!! During training I suffered.... I didn't want to be there and had an emotional moment when I got home because it's "all too hard"..... I feel better now after dinner.... but fingers crossed tomorrow I can be back to my normal "let's train" self......
Anyway…. So that loss takes me down to a measly 56.9kg…. I’m classed as underweight and I was called the word “scrawny” 3 times over the weekend and was asked “are you eating” and “but you’re not planning on losing more are you?” by a number of my friends and blog followers….. all with the best intentions I absolutely understand as I know my friends want the best for me….
I am not trying to lose anymore weight !!! PROMISE !!!!…. In fact I’m trying to gain back 2-3kg to take me back up to my “healthy weight range”… The program is just well designed for weight loss… nutshell…. Follow it and lose weight…. So the plan this week is to up food again… I know, I know, I could easily hit some disgusting fast food outlet and binge on high fat unhealthy food and be back at 60kg in a week….. but I want to do it in a healthy way…. I want to balance my food and keep it as nutritionally dense as possible…. Stay with me here… this is a journey to health as well as sculpting my “scrawny” body…. Lol
So today we was all  about upping the protein portion of the main meals (again), which for breakfast I missed as it was already a large breakfast of egg, ham, tomatoe, toast and cottage cheese….. so lunch I added a good ole egg to my asparagus and sweet potatoe soup…. Nom nom nom… I mixed some protein powder into my morning yoghurt and used that as a yummy dip for some pineapple and strawberries….. afternoon snack ended up being the same as this mornings as it was yummy and dinner was panfried fish with cherry tomatoes and spinach….adding on my calories for my supplements of glutamine and antioxidant….. I’ve hit about …….drum roll……………1324cal….. :( - still way under where I need to be…. AND (as you can plainly see) I’VE EATEN ALL FREAKING DAY !!!!
Over it…. I’ve been told to make an omelette for an after dinner snack by an awesome friend to help with my protein intake as well as using up the calories….. but I’m seriously full…. Stick a fork in me I’m done…. To be honest I keep upping the calories anyway and I still lose weight…. Where do I go to ??? 1500 ?? 2000 ?? I feel some more research coming on…
Anyway, while I mull over what else I’m going to eat today lets do a measurement check !!!
Since Week 4 only I’ve lost;
3cm off my chest
4cm off my waist
4cm off my hips
And 2.5cm off each thigh
 And drum roll again.............. I lost 4% off my body fat percentage bringing me to 20.6%... excellent !!!
In just 4 weeks !!!!!
Yay for me !!! and this to me is comfortable for my height…. A little slim…. But I feel confident and feel the healthiest as I’ve ever been in my life !!!

Chief Ministers Cup Saturday 9th July 2011
Now for all you peeps thinking this is pretty awesome…. I’ll let you in on a secret…. It’s hard work…. really hard....... I mean I had a breakdown today hard....lol...... Following is my workout for Saturday…. Yes, I will be doing this, but hey you can always give it a go too… You’ll be surprised just how far your body will go with a little push….
5 x Rounds (try to better your time each round) – guys you should be able to go a bit heavier on the weights of course……
Let me know how you go :D
30x Walking Lunges (holding 5kg dumbbells overhead)
30x Step Ups (bench height step, holding 5kg dumbbells, 30L then 30R, no rest in between)
30x Dumbbell Squat Press (5kg Dumbbells)
30x Push Ups with a Clap (here we go again with the claps)
30x Bent Over Row with Barbell (10kg)
30x Rollling Plank (Plank position pushing up onto R hand then L then lowering one by one down into plank, all 4 steps (up, up, down, down) = 1 rep)
30x Burpees

Food for thought – When have you ever truly truly challenged yourself ?? Either physically or mentally ???  or maybe even socially ?? How did you feel ? Did you accomplish the challenge ? How did you feel after the accomplishment ? Did you not get to where you wanted to be ? Did you give up or give it another go ???

No comments:

Post a Comment