Thursday 7 July 2011

Thursday 7th July 2011 (Week 7)

Lost another 1.2kg this week... I upped my calorie intake and cut my morning training out so now I'm upping the food again.. I thought it would be easy to maintain weight, but now I'm not so sure. At least that's a testimony to how good this program is ! Even trying to gain or maintain weight, it's still falling off.

Which is probably why Mish let rip in the live video last night. A lot of people are gaining etc and then have excuses like it's raining, I lost 2 days because of blah blah etc etc... They are EXCUSES !!! If you are still gaining weight (but exercising - which seems the common complaint, "I'm doing the work but getting no results") then the diet really needs to be looked at ! Are you including drinks ??? They can slip through, but can be quite high on the calorie/sugar etc table..... Hmm drink, will be back, time for some green tea..... Where was I ??? Ahhh yes..... honesty !!! If you cannot be honest with yourself when it comes to what is going in your mouth then seriously ... ?? Anyone out there in blogger world having a diet/nutrition problem etc..... as Mish will put to us... WRITE IT IN A DIARY !! All of it, your drinks, food, snacks, fruits, lollies, whatever.... geez I even have a column for my supplements... If you do not know what you are eating, how will you know where you went wrong or what could be changed ??? Well that's my advice/rant whatever.... I'll jump off the soap box.... Side note... for the peeps truly doing ALL their exercise (at 100% intensity) and eating 100% nutritionally balanced and controlled food and not losing weight.... I take it all back....

Moving along....... This week has been uneventful to be honest besides the weight loss as I did not expect it. Training is still muscle specific and low cardio. I've added in some morning training and sometimes after dinner I like to walk on the treadmill. So I definitely need to up the food to cover the extra exercise. I've entered into Fernwood's Step Challenge so I'm wandering around with a bright pink pedometer for the next 6 weeks... I'm not in the comp to win anything as I don't do classes or cardio which is where the high step rates come in (avg 16,000 steps for a step class), but I'm doing over 10,000 per day so I'm rather happy with that considering I have a sedentary job.

Red flag for this week is the VIP tix I have for Chief Ministers Cup, so plan is to train hard and long in the morning, stick to light drinks like Champers and Soda Water and take some healthy snacks.... This is a day for me to enjoy so I'm not going all funny and only having a certain amount of drinks etc. I'm going to indulge and have fun... If I can find a dress that fits... One down side of losing nearly 7kg in 7 weeks is that not one, NOT EVEN ONE, of my dresses fit me anymore.... even the ones that I did not even get a chance to wear.... at all.... so it's a mad panic to find an outfit for the day..... My Cup Day dress is already in at the tailors being altered !!!.....

Anyway this was meant to be a quick weight update and a soap box for people to be HONEST with themselves.... When you start something make a promise to yourself (eg I promise to follow this program 100%), write it down if you have to, and remember that promise.... would you break a promise to family or friends ??? Then surely you deserve the same treatment to not break a promise to yourself.....

Food for thought !!

When have YOU not been honest with yourself ??? What was it about ?? Why ?? .....

I'll share first.... On another weight program I use to fiddle my figures so on paper I looked like I really was doing it 100%.... but really I was just letting myself down.... even with water !!!!... I would tick the box and say yep I've had all my water for the day knowing full well I had not.... Why ?? Because it was easier to lie to myself than to disappoint myself by reading I was not keeping up my promise to me......

Your turn XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment