Wednesday 31 August 2011

Wednesday 31st August 2011 (Preseason Round 3)

Well still happily maintaining my weight so a very happy camper :) - I've pulled back on my training a little and only do my "hard core" training in the afternoons at the moment and not my little half hour walk etc in the morning and I haven't done any cool incidentals like major distance runs or bike rides. I did do 3 days of 10km runs in the morning last week as well as my arvo training though as I felt HORRIFIC after a big weekend in Brisbane. After a fair few champers at the finale party, and feeling horribly hungover on Sunday I treated myself to a major breakfast and then for a extra treat later in the day thought I'd have one of my old favourite treats of a apple pie with cream and strawberry milkshake.... made it through perhaps half at most and was a very very sick girl... body completely rejected it..... it tasted nice for what it was, but it didn't feel like a treat or reward... it felt like punishment.... feeling green thinking about it.

In saying that though I did have a few extra treats through the week that I wouldn't normally have like a piece of birthday cake and some really lovely lollies.... My weight went up a little, but straight back down within 2 days of proper eating. I'm completely back to the healthy wholesome person that I've come to be though. There is a niggling inner voice telling me to have more more more treats.... but I truly don't want them as they aren't feeling like "treats"... Seriously need a new word other than "treat".....Think I might research this strange voice that actually tries to convince you to have something that you don't even want....

Round 3 preseason tasks are on track. I've set my goals, which has been very difficult as I overachieved my goals in the last round and am happy as I am so without wanting to lose weight etc I have focused more on getting my head right and try and work out things like the whole mind trying to convince me that I want something when I don't and the obsessive compulsive eater that has appeared here and there in the preseason weeks.

As for my commitment well;

"My commitment is to maintain the work that I’ve done in Round 2. I will stay around 56kg with a 2kg leeway. I will lose a further 2% body fat. I will build my social confidence by attending at least 1 group session a week being either a gym class or a social event. I will be a role model to others by walking the walk and inspiring by doing and not talking. I will be training 6 days a week per Mish’s schedule and following Mish’s eating plan. I will keep a daily food diary and blog/share my achievements as well as any breakdowns along the way. I will continue to be the best version of myself I’ve ever been in my life. I am a woman of my word. I never break a promise to a loved one and hence will not break this promise to myself because I deserve it."

I'm seriously looking forward to getting my new training and eating plans.... well mainly the training plans. I'm loving making my own eating plans as I actually use everything I buy instead of half a vegetable and the rest rots or is rabbit food..... That is something I will do differently this round. I'll follow Mish's eating plan, but I'll be making 2 serves of dinner and have the left overs for lunch so it's a bit less "stressful" and I will actually use an entire veggie instead of a half a capsicum and such...

Well I'll leave it there as I'm starving now and want a cup o tea too.....

Food for thought - When you look in the mirror do you truly, honestly like what you see. Think deeper than the outer shell as well.... would you like to make changes? have you started making changes? what would it take for a change to come ???? or are you happy with what you see/feel ?? :)

XXX

2 comments:

  1. Kerri what an amazing job you've done! You seriously look awesome and congrats on winning Lean & Strong. I'm so inspired by your results - I am about the same weight as you were in the beginning and hoping I can achieve similar in this, my first round of 12WBT. Looking forward to following along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerri, congratulations on your award at the Finale - I was standing behind you in the line-up to have a photo with Michelle, and wondered who the model was! You look so fit and elegant, gorgeous frock. 56kg! Phew - that's amazing, what a journey you've had, very inspiring. I have about 22kg to go...

    ReplyDelete