Friday 24 June 2011

Friday 24th June 2011 (Week 5, Day 33)....

Friday on my mind……

Well this week is about “ Being The Best Version of Yourself”…..  It’s hard to keep the “self” focus sometimes when there are a hell of a lot of people doing this program and you want to have their weight loss/BMI/Body Fat % etc even sometimes just their facilities available…. It can feel quite competitive at times too…. I had my moment a couple of weeks ago when people were discussing doing cardio whilst body sculpting…. Some jumped in with a big cross screaming “Nooooooo you can’t do that, it’s detrimental to your goals”, others obviously had different opinions… but it does start you thinking…..

Basically for anyone reading that’s curious…. Look at the 2 footy codes…. AFL guys do a lot of running around (cardio) and are athletic and lean…. NRL guys do short strong bursts and are more muscular and lean… your body shape differs with your actual training and you need to specifically train for either fitness OR muscle definition…..  you really need to make a decision of what you want to achieve and then go about it. Not just train and expect the body that is in your mind to just pop out….

Check out this link for an amazing journey and inspiring woman that explains perfectly what I’ve just said (thanks to Elizabeth for sharing it in the forums)….. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/make-fitness-your-life-sentence.html?mcid=face

Anyway I took the step back and thought that I like to do cardio, I like to run, do a bit of RPM/spin, jump around for some Body Attack, etc….. then that turned into a panic of “oh god, I shouldn’t be doing this if I want to be at the same standard as the other Lean and Strongers”… and played on my mind from there….. festered on my mind is more apt…..

Epiphany moment !!! “Be The Best Version of MYSELF” – not the best version of a “person doing the Lean and Strong program”…..

The best version of me is to be happy and healthy…. Simple, short and sweet…..  Now to be happy, I want that nice muscle tone, sure…. But I also want to be able to do a class if I want…. Go for a run to the beach and watch the sunrise….. I’m a Lean & Strong participant because I love weights and want the challenge that Michelle offers, not specifically to win a prize for the biggest guns or best abs (if such prizes even exist) This journey has become so much more than getting the best sculpted body… My mindset is changing and this body wants to get up and live life…. It wants to run, jump, dance, lift weights and more…… everything !!!!

And readers, between you and me…. Why can’t I have it all ???? Right now I’m definitely a better version of myself… and I’m pretty sure by the end of week 12 I’ll be so close to being the best version of myself that I’ve ever been that it will bring tears to my eyes…. Not just physically but I think I’m becoming such a more wholesome and dare I say it balanced person mentally as well, without all the sugars and caffeine there’s a clearer focus and I feel in complete control of my decisions …. Although I do have that “binge, binge, binge” voice come through at times…. Why would I want to turn this newly built temple into a nightclub and trash it ????

Why ruin this fantastic healthy empowered feeling ??

Well feeling like that is definitely a better version of me…….  

Anyway, moving along…. Food for thought….

Are you the best version of yourself ? what would it take to become that person ? are you actively trying to be that person ? do you want to actively try and be that person ??? If you are the best (or better) version of yourself….. And I know some of you out there who are !!!! Congratulations…. You are truly inspiring !!!!  XX

Anyway, Friday is Core Day (Yep a whole special hour of training dedicated to core and not the nice relaxing yoga type training either….lol) so I’ll leave you with a little friend XX

No comments:

Post a Comment