Tuesday 7 June 2011

Tuesday 7th June (Week 3)

Well, although it's week 3 of this transformation journey I thought that with another 9 weeks to go I may as well document and share the trials, tribulations, breakdowns and breakthroughs of this 12 week Michelle Bridges Body Transformation. Although I already hit the gym often I thought this would be a good opportunity to test myself and see just how far I could really push myself.

Day 1 of the program was Monday 23rd May, and well the first week was filled with being tired, grumpy and basically detoxing from all the sugars, fats and caffeine that I had become accustomed to. I had my first meltdown on Day 4 as I was getting up at 5am to get to training and not getting home until after 7pm and I just could not get my head around the fact that I need to have a life as well as fit in this schedule "Body for Life, not Life for Body". A lovely ambassador for the program said to just take it one day at a time, so I sat back, looked at my training schedule, trimmed here, moved items to there and now feel a lot better. I'm still up between 5-5.30am, but cut out any afternoon training that was not a part of the scheduled program so now I can get home and actually have dinner before 8pm.

Week 2 of the program was pretty much more of the same. I've got 4 days of weights, 1 day of core work and Saturdays are what is called "Super Session Saturday" which is 2 hours of balls to the wall training which is to burn 1000 calories in one session (I'm averaging 1100 - which I'm happy with as others doing this program have to go over the 2 hours to reach this target). I do not look forward to Saturdays, they are hard, heavy and sweaty...... but I feel like I've accomplished something afterwards. The first weeks Sat Sesh I was dreading.... but I had to look at each individual exercise on it's own and not the whole thing. It's rather overwhelming.

The food is really really good. I've ditched everything that I usually eat (although previously I would be healthy anyway except for the weekend sessions). I've decided to eat everything that Michelle has planned for us. No point doing this if I don't follow it to the letter. The first week I found I was absolutely starving using the snack options given in the sheets so I introduced my protein shakes in and feel (and train) a hell of a lot better. I basically wasn't getting enough protein and although a lot of others doing this program state that Michelle is feeding us exactly what we need I believe that I cannot get what I need to sustain this training level with a lunch consisting of pumpkin soup...... definitely a day for a protein shake as an arvo snack :D

ANYWAY, week 3 feeling a lot better and more confident that I can do this (well until I get next weeks exercise schedule and say "she wants me to do what????", which seems to becoming my Thursday ritual. I get my exercise schedule for the following week, I get overwhelmed, want to quit, go and train, and realise I can do this...... This weeks training challenge I can see in the program for me are push ups (off toes) with a clap..... 3 rounds of 12 reps..... glad Michelle has the confidence that I can pull that off.......

Oh before I go, better pop in some figures here for you to watch over the coming weeks..... Starting weight 64.5kg, lost 1.1kg week 1 and another 1.3kg in week 2's weigh in. I only have 2.1kg until I hit my absolute goal weight which I don't want to go below.... Starting body fat% was 26.2% (not happy with this at all).... This will be checked again in week 4 so stay tuned.....

Will keep you posted..... Cheers and see you at the finish line !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment