Friday 17 June 2011

V8 Friday !!!! June 17th 2011

My biggest red flag is coming up this weekend….. It’s V8 weekend….. hang on…... IT’S V8 WEEKEND !!!!!!! WOO HOO, which use to entail 12 hours of boozing and eating race food (well not heaps, just lunch and dinner)..... you know ! the usual crap food like chips and gravy and other disgusting grease ball yuck….. Oh and lots of slushies…..

2 days of racing, 12 hours each day, 2 x concerts (INXS on Saturday night and Short Stack & Bliss N Esso Sunday night)...... how on earth do I make it through a weekend that use to be the (well besides cup day) THE biggest weekend in Darwin and on our personal social calendar ?? Is it a red flag or park the wagon, go for the checkered flag and return to it fighting fit on Monday ???

I’ve set plans…. extra training (lucky the Super Session on Saturday will give me some extra calorie burning) and I plan to do a ripper again Sunday before we head off….. I plan to have a wholesome and filling breakfast, take some snacks, and make a lunch…. I feel like an angel even typing that smile..... BUT WHAT ABOUT DRINKS ?????? Every year the XXXX girls invite us to the retreat for a few free beers…... and it’s such a fun social occasion of “hey it’s your shout”..... “Geez you’re falling behind girlie” (Like I’m going to keep up with the boys, lol !!!!)...... I thought that a few drinks would be fine…. it’s within my calories etc…... yarda yarda yarda…..... but we’re talking 12 hours here people…....

I’m not that unhealthy person anymore and don’t plan for it to be like every year when we go nuts with our friends and end up partying the night away after the concerts…. I can’t even imagine the new healthy wholesome me doing that anymore….. but would you say “ho hum” to the calorie blow out…...  and if you want another drink just have it…... ???

I understand in the end I need to personally weigh up the choices and make a decision of which I’m committed to more…. but it plays on my mind that this new body is for LIFE….. I don’t want to give up a life for the body…..

Vrooooommmmmmm Vrrroooooommmmm - Excitement is already building :D
GO HOLDEN !!!!!

PS the clapping push ups are still on the "fail" list...... did worse last night than I did last week, but I did absolutley hammer my chest before I attempted them so I did expect less than impressive results...

Won't leave with a food for though but a nice picture for that extra motivation (and a perve for the boys :D)

"Motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going"

No comments:

Post a Comment